Valves catering to different functions

00:54 |

Any system or process requires mechanical devices to control the flow and pressure. The valves are meant for controlling the flow rate which is essential to travel from one location to another in any mechanical device. Generally two ports are contained in valves which are inlets and outlets. These ports are basically to seal which flows in the devices or an orifice.

The primary functions of valves are
  • Starting and arresting the flow
  • Increasing or reducing the flow
  • Controlling and directing the flow
  • Regulating and monitoring the flow or process pressure
  • Relieving the pipe system of certain pressure 


Variety of valves such as Gate, Globe, Ball etc are available with number of models with different features and functional capabilities. These walls have distinct advantages and disadvantages hence they are used in industries like heavy engineering, perto chemicals, oil refineries, chemical and plastic industries and many more. The valves some of them are self operated while others manually or with an actuator or operated pneumatically or hydraulically.

A ball valve is a device with a spherical closure unit that provides on and off control for the flow. In this case the sphere has a port known as bore through the centre. This valve when positioned in line with the direction of the pipeline, it is in open position which allows fluid to flow and when rotated 90 degrees the bore becomes perpendicular for the flow to obstruct the passage. As the name implies, ball valves are stop valves that use a ball to stop or start the flow of the fluid. The ball performs similar functions as the disc in blow ball.

Generally valve handle is operated to open the valve when the ball rotates to a point where the hole through the ball is in line with the valve body inlet and outlet. Similarly when the valve is shut, which requires only a 90 degree rotation of hand wheel for most valves and the ball is rotated to make the hole perpendicular to the flow openings and the ultimate flow is stopped.

Types of ball valves



This ball valve has additional mechanical anchoring at the top and bottom on the ball. The special trunnion mounting is suitable for larger and higher pressure valves. This design allows for reduction in valve torque as the ball is supported in two places. The Trunnion Mounted stem absorbs the thrust from the line pressure there by preventing excess friction between the ball and seats thus even at full rated working pressure operating torque remains low.

CAMARON T31 BALL VALVE IS TRUNNION MOUNTED .

Applications

Ball valves can be used in variety of applications in transmission and storage, gas processing, industrial and many functions.

Jeffrey Joseph, Product Manager for the Camaron Ball Valves explains “Ball valves provide reliable leak protection which is exclusively beneficial in gas applications”. They have low pressure drop which open and close quickly. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANIX® has been a valve & fittings manufacturer for importers, distributors and OEM customers with private label brand since 1988. With our highly experienced R&D team, state of the art technology, industrial certifications, excellent customer support, readily available stock and great pricing, you can rely on our high quality products to stay competitive. globe valve manufacturer

Kavaatavalves said...

Kavaata Valves is the highly quality valves manufacturers in India. Contact us for any requirements.

usrcvendors said...

i really like this article please keep it up.
http://www.valvefittingstore.com/

Putri Adiratnaa said...

Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com}

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers